Local Meetings/Support Groups on a Separate Page
The 2015 NAMI National Convention
Come Find Your Heart in San Francisco.
Whether you left your heart in San Francisco or you’ve never visited this beautiful city by the bay, make plans now to join us for the 2015 NAMI National Convention.
You won’t want to miss the outstanding program offerings including:
- Top-notch researchers and clinicians providing information and tools to advance and sustain recovery from mental illness
- People living with a mental illness and their families providing their own important perspectives on recovery
- The country’s keenest minds and savviest policymakers offering strategies and tactics to effectively advocate for changing the mental health system in our nation
- Abundant networking opportunities so we can learn from each other about how we can improve the lives of all people living with mental illness and their families
- Inspiration, innovation and an exhilarating four days in this wonderful city
Make your plans now to attend this life-changing event, July 6-9 in San Francisco.
The fastest & easiest way is to register online.
2015 Pre-Convention Registration Rates
|Full Registration Rates (includes closing night dinner ticket)
|Consumer Early Bird
|Day Registration Rates (does not include closing night dinner ticket)
|Consumer Day rate
Full Registration rates include the four days of convention attendance and a ticket to the closing night dinner.
These rates are for pre-convention registration only and are good through June 15, 2015. After that date, you must register onsite at a higher rate.
Member: To qualify for NAMI Member rates, you must be a current member and provide your member number or the name of your state affiliate.
Consumer: To qualify for the consumer rate, you must be an individual living with a mental illness.
Payment information: Full payment must be received with registration. Acceptable forms of payment are Visa, MasterCard, American Express, check and purchase orders. Purchase orders must be paid by May 1, 2015.
Transfers: You may transfer your registration to another person. You must notify us in writing of this change no later than June 15, 2015.
- See more at: http://www.nami.org/Get-Involved/NAMI-National-Convention#sthash.PgYAChOx.dp
- All cancellations must be made in writing by mail, fax, or email by June 15, 2015
- If you cancel prior to May 31, 2015, there is a $25 service fee to cover administrative costs
- If you cancel between June 1 and June 15, there is a $50 service fee to cover administrative costs
- No refunds will be processed after June 15, 2015
Individuals, companies, organizations and others can all take the pledge to learn more about mental illness, to see a person for who they are and take action on mental health issues. Take the pledge and raise awareness.
- See more at: http://www.nami.org/stigmafree#sthash.GDkJqn4c.dpuf
Although the wonderful May 6 performance of "Every Brilliant Thing" is over,
there is one additional performance coming up:
- Saturday, October 27th at the NAMI-NYS Educational Conference in Albany
Here's what local reviewers have said about "Every Brilliant Thing"
Carol Montana from the Times Herald Record says, "Everything about this production...is indeed brilliant...funny and poignant, heartbreaking, joy-filled and genuinely wonderful." and describes Lori Schneider's performance by saying, "she breaks the theatrical fourth wall, telling the audience a story like she is relating it to her best friend..inviting them in to the character's life, growth, grief and joy. And like number six (on the list of brilliant things) - roller coasters - the play tinkers with your emotions, going up and down, careening around sharp turns, then lazily rising and plunging down into your mind and your heart."
Robert Score of the online review website, "Meet Me in the Green Room" calls the show fascinating and engaging and describes Lori Schneider's performance as "...intense...wonderfully pervasive...her humility and compassion for the subject...comically and poignantly...captures her audience...and invites everyone to be drawn enthusiastically into her story."
- Second Annual NAMI-NYS Honors Leaders of Mental Health Awareness Awards-Honorees to be announced shortly
- Parity at Ten Celebration
- Friday Afternoon Featured Session: Identifying Different Types of Community Based Mental Health and Crisis Services
- Focus tracks on Children's Mental Health Issues, Military Families and Criminal Justice.
- Friday Focus: Session Maximizing Your Potential
- Novel Approaches to Research and Treatment
- Zero Suicide Sessions
- Saturday Afternoon Featured Session: "I am Not Sick, I Don't Need Help"
- Workshops on Specific Psychiatric Disorders
- Young Adult Focus TrackFocus
- Focus Session on Engaging Underserved Populations
- Focus Session on Mental Health Housing
- Saturday Evening Featured Session: Running for Life
- The Importance of Engaging Families in the Recovery Process
- Town Hall
- Ask the Doctor
Click here for more details